Primary School Wellbeing Program
What's included in the 12 Unit Positive Living Skills Primary School Wellbeing Program?
Watch this 10 minute 'DEMO' virtual tour video where Positive Living Skills Co-founder Jo Devin will show you all the inclusions offered within the Positive Living Skills full 12 Unit (216 Learning Experience) Wellbeing Program, including a virtual tour of 2 learning Experiences and all Teacher resources.
You can also find this video on our YOUTUBE channel.
Primary Schools now have 3 PACKAGE OPTIONS when they move forward with the PLS program. You can now choose to:
1. Move forward with the FULL 12 Unit (216 Learning Experience) program with all the extras, OR
2. You might choose to start with the CORE 6 Unit (144 Learning Experience program, OR
3. You might choose to start with ONE STAGE of the program, like the Year 3-4 Level with 72 Learning Experiences
It's YOUR CHOICE. Click the link in the pink box below to download a detailed INFORMATION PACK now with pricing options, or CONTACT US to book a chat.
Current mental health statistics show that many teenagers are in trouble. Reports are now suggesting that students in Years 4-6 are facing similar challenges to those previously faced by Year 9-11 students.
On top of that, teachers are feeling more stressed and time poor than ever before, as they attempt to juggle all their competing priorities and packed Curriculums.
Something needs to change, to more directly help students learn skills for healthy self-esteem and strong social connections starting in their foundational year of School, so that mental health problems can be prevented. The wellbeing of teachers must also be actively supported and enhanced, and families also need to be involved and included in the learning so the whole community benefits.
That’s where Positive Living Skills comes in.
Watch the video on this page for a 'virtual tour' of the full Positive Living Skills 12 Unit Primary School Wellbeing Program, and download a flyer or Information document to check out the new program PACKAGE OPTIONS!
The formal results of a second Qualitative study of the PLS Primary School Wellbeing Program conducted by Charles Sturt University (3rd in a series of PLS studies) are NOW available.
Click the CSU Research Paper button below (under The Program heading) to access the latest Research papers on the efficacy of the Positive Living Skills Primary School Wellbeing Program. If you have any questions, please contact us.
'I LOVE PLS. I find it easy to navigate and the activities very relevant. I like the up to date language and I find my class engage with it more. I think PLS really supported the changes in our wellbeing system. It gave us a really good baseline and a NEW LANGUAGE!! '
Liz, Assistant Principal and Year 4/5 Teacher, Broken Hill, NSW.
The Positive Living Skills Primary School Wellbeing Program is a comprehensive, ‘whole of school community’, early prevention and intervention program.
It supports teachers, students and families by embedding the Positive Living Skills concepts into their daily lives.
We aim to support teachers as they, in turn, support happy, resilient kids, with social skills and emotional fitness.
Teachers lead the Positive Living Skills Wellbeing Program learning experiences, helping students learn a range of proactive, preventative and practical ways to look after their own emotional wellbeing.
Learning experiences are mapped to the Curriculum and are designed not to add any more work to teachers.
Lessons and resources support Schools approaches to Positive Behaviour frameworks and School values.
When they are ready to transition from Primary School into High School students will better understand how their thoughts, feelings and behaviours are linked and they will have tools to support their resilience, communicate more effectively, and cooperate with others.
To read the latest research results for the Positive Living Skills Primary School Wellbeing program, conducted by our research partner Charles Sturt University, click below.
· Comprehensive Learning Experiences and extensive resources including posters, audios, videos and visuals covering all learning levels from Foundation to Year 6.
· The full 12 Unit program has a total of 216 individual Learning Experiences individually mapped to the Australian National F-10 Curriculum Learning Areas and General Capabilities (V8.3) by the School of Teacher Education, Charles Sturt University and the AITSL Teaching standards.
· Schools can NOW choose to purchase the program in STAGES. Download an Information pack (check box on this page) for full pricing and options
· Access to Professional Development which supports teachers with their own wellbeing as well as providing ideas that they can take back to the classroom and share with families
· Support from the PLS team to assist you to onboard and embed the program and get the team engaged with the PLS program concepts and resources
· The Family Link is an online hub for families of ‘Positive Living Skills’ schools where they can access and a range of resources some of which are used within the PLS program and additional resources to support their child’s learning as well as their own wellbeing.
The program is evidence-based, and effective and supports Positive Behaviour frameworks and School values programs.
For Frequently Asked questions, click on the button below.
What Teachers are saying
Brent Fennessy – Year 4 teacher
Morgan Street Public School, Broken Hill
Heidi Ehsman – Year 6 teacher
Middleton Public School, Parkes
Zoe Ruckley – Year 3-4 teacher
Peak Hill Central School, Peak Hill
Rachel Heywood – Kindergarten teacher Peak Hill Central School, Peak Hill