Primary School Wellbeing Program
What's included in the 12 Unit Positive Living Skills Primary School Wellbeing Program?
Watch this 10 minute 'DEMO' virtual tour video where Positive Living Skills Co-founder Jo Devin will show you all the inclusions offered within the Positive Living Skills full 12 Unit (216 Learning Experience) Wellbeing Program, including a virtual tour of 2 learning Experiences and all Teacher resources.
You can also find this video on our YOUTUBE channel.
Primary Schools now have a RANGE of PACKAGE OPTIONS when they move forward with the PLS program or teachers can start with just one Unit. Options start at $249.00 ex GST! You can now choose to:
Move forward with the FULL 12 Unit Foundation to Yr 6 (216 Learning Experience) program with all the extras, OR
Choose the CORE 6 Unit F-6 (144 Learning Experience) program, OR the Year 3-6 ( 72 lesson) Extension program, OR
You could start with ONE of the 12 Units within the CORE Pls program or the EXTENSION program
It's YOUR CHOICE. Packages start at just $249 ex GST.
Click the link in the pink box below to receive a detailed INFORMATION PACK document via email which includes all package and pricing options, or CONTACT US to book a chat.
We recently released the Positive Living Skills White paper,
"Toward a Mentally Healthy Generation. Flattening the curve in the 2020 mental illness epidemic." Click this button to instantly download the White Paper and please share your feedback with us.
'I LOVE PLS. I find it easy to navigate and the activities very relevant. I like the up to date language and I find my class engage with it more. I think PLS really supported the changes in our wellbeing system. It gave us a really good baseline and a NEW LANGUAGE!! '
Liz, Assistant Principal and Year 4/5 Teacher, Broken Hill, NSW.
The PLS Wellbeing Programs support children to learn essential mental wellbeing skills. They are teacher-led early prevention and intervention programs.
Programs resources and training support teachers, students and families to embed the Positive Living Skills concepts into their daily lives and teachers can gain the confidence and a common language to teach mental health.
We aim to support teachers as they, in turn, support happy, resilient kids, with social skills and emotional fitness.
The Positive Living Skills learning experiences offer an intentional teaching approach, and are mapped to the F-10 National Curriculum, the NSW PDHPE Syllabus and the AITSL Teaching standards. They are intentionally designed not to add any more work for teachers.
Lessons and resources support Schools approaches to Positive Behaviour frameworks, Beyond Blue's 'Be You' initiative, and School values.
When they are ready to transition from Primary School to High School students will better understand how their thoughts, feelings and behaviours are linked and they will have tools to support their resilience, communicate more effectively, and cooperate with others.
To read the latest research results for the Positive Living Skills Primary School Wellbeing program, conducted by our research partner Charles Sturt University, click below.
· There are a range of package options available to get Schools started with Positive Living Skills.
All pre-prepared Learning Experiences in all packages come with included resources, including audios, videos and visuals, and some packages cover all learning levels from Foundation to Year 6.
· The full 12 Unit program has a total of 216 individual Learning Experiences individually mapped to the Australian National F-10 Curriculum Learning Areas and General Capabilities (V8.3) by the School of Teacher Education, Charles Sturt University and the AITSL Teaching standards.
· Schools can NOW choose to purchase the program in package options or as Units. Download an Information pack (check box on this page) for full pricing and options
· Access to online Professional Development sessions is included which supports teachers with their own wellbeing as well as providing ideas that they can take back to the classroom and share with families
· 'Whole of School packages include support from the PLS team to assist you to onboard and embed the program and get the team engaged with the PLS program concepts and resources
· The Family Link is an online hub for families of ‘Positive Living Skills’ schools where they can access and a range of resources some of which are used within the PLS program and additional resources to support their child’s learning as well as their own wellbeing.
The program is evidence-based, and effective and supports Positive Behaviour frameworks and School values programs.
For Frequently Asked questions, click on the button below.
What Teachers are saying
Brent Fennessy – Year 4 teacher
Morgan Street Public School, Broken Hill
Heidi Ehsman – Year 6 teacher
Middleton Public School, Parkes
Zoe Ruckley – Year 3-4 teacher
Peak Hill Central School, Peak Hill
Rachel Heywood – Kindergarten teacher Peak Hill Central School, Peak Hill